Thursday 29 November 2012

Roger Lewis of the Daily Mail is a twat.

Warning this post contains some rude words.

Us here in North Wales have a saying 'part time englishmen' as a derogatory remark about men from South Wales, which these days on the whole is unfair.

However, if someone asked me for an example of such a person, I would refer them to Roger Lewis, the so called journalist whom writes for the Daily Mail.

This nutter and 'part time englishman' recently said this bullshit - "a mob that could teach the Taliban a thing or two - went round vandalising the English road signs." See: Save Wales from the Welsh: Children told they can't go to the loo if they ask in English. Architects shunned if their plans aren't in Welsh. ROGER LEWIS on the nutty Welsh Language Society.

What utter utter crap, of course this twat has form, last year he said - Not many people in full possession of their faculties would find it appealing or necessary to try to turn themselves into a ‘real Welshman’.

Nevertheless, in his quest to call himself a Celt, our author does the maddest thing of all — he actually learns Welsh, by attending evening classes (in London/Llundain) and going on courses. I abhor the appalling and moribund monkey language myself, which hasn’t had a new noun since the Middle Ages — hence pwdin is pudding, snwcer is snooker, tacsi is taxi and bocsio is boxing.
see How I tried to be one of the boyos.

You might say... if you were minded to be kind....that what he is attempting to say; in a cack handed way, is that to be 'Welsh' you don't really need to be able to speak welsh, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I suppose you could also apply the same to the English, and ask whether you to be 'English' you also need to be able to speak english, after all that is the logical conclusion of his argument.

Anyhows as we know with a free press we should expect robust debate, even allowing controversial views....and as such we should also be allowed a reply.....

Roger Lewis of the Daily Mail - you are the weakest link...now fuck off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed. I have always thought that all those 'Welshies' that don't, won't or can't speak the language are not really Welsh at all.

I am not Welsh and I don't want to speak or learn Welsh. But I expect, nay demand, to live in Wales in peace and I ensure that I receive the very best of service, whether it be delivered by the Welsh speaking staff of Anglesey County Council or the English speaking staff of my local restaurant.

After all, if I have to pay I have the right to say!

Anonymous said...

I have always been impressed by the linguistic apartheid practiced up here and the way it keeps jobs 'in-house' as they say.